Monday, October 25, 2010

Gregory Jordan Harris ♥

I wondered for the first time today what life would be like if I'd never met him. I know that sounds terrible, but I was thinking deeper. I was wondering where I'd be at that exact moment had he not barged into my life because let's be honest here. He pretty much did barge in. I honestly didn't even care if I meant him at the time. He honestly came out of nowhere, and I never saw him coming. I had no head start, or fair warning. He just kinda showed up and made a spot for himself in my life.

At the beginning, I didn't want him to be a part of it. I wondered who he thought he was, moving in on my life and making himself known. But then he surprised me. He won me over. I can't lie; I tried my hardest to not fall for it. To not fall for him and I don't mean fall for him as in falling in love. I mean fall for him as a person. The person he was around me. The person he was to me. My close friend. Someone I love.

But it just sorta happened. That spot he'd cleared for himself in my life became pretty comfortable. And when I pushed him out, it actually felt empty. That's when I realized what he meant to me. It took me a long time to realize how much I needed him to fill the spot he created. And now I don't want to even imagine him not being here.

I really don't know where I'd be or who I'd be. I think I really understand why he was so stubborn in the beginning; he was so stubborn to be a part of my life. I'm really glad he stuck around to show me what I couldn't see: everything that was right in front of me all along. I was wondering where I'd be at that exact moment had he not barged into my life and I truly don't care because I'm glad he was in my life. I'm glad I got to meet him and became good friends. I wouldn't change it at all.

R.I.P Gregory Jordan Harris.
3.18.87 -- 10.24.10
I love you.