Monday, October 31, 2011

Life is too short to be anything but happy.

I saw this quote while I was browsing Tumblr today: "life is too short to be anything but happy." It was one of those inspirational quotes, put over a crappy, edited photo with hipster font. And although I usually just read posts like those and keep scrolling, this one struck a chord with me. Because last night, I realized that it's true.

I may be sad every once in a while, but I need to try being happy. We all have a story that may have more downs than ups. But once we see everything for what's it worth...why not be happy? I smiled and laughed more the other night than I have in about a month. And it felt great. Sure, I'm still bummed every once in a while over the reasons why I haven't been laughing, but they can't control me anymore. I don't want to spend my life being upset over things I can't control. I want to spend it enjoying everything in some way.

So here's to a new beginning.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

I love this post. I think we should all learn from this a little. Love you're writing girl.