Wednesday, March 21, 2012

So who am I??

So who am I, besides just a girl sitting behind a computer screen and giving you an inside look at my heart and my thoughts?

I’m the girl who can usually be found wearing a superhero, video game, and/or movie t-shirt. I'm the girl who is a bit awkward, a bit dorky and still a bit innocent. I'm the girl who isn't afraid to laugh at herself. I'm the girl who still, at 23, colors outside the lines. I'm the girl who is bold and confident. I'm the girl who likes to leave a little mystery behind her.

I'm the girl who writes about anything and everything in her life, even the boys she falls madly in love with who don't even know she exists. I'm the girl who is still so shy that she gives said boys code names in said writing (you'll see....). I’m the girl who’s mastered the art of loving from afar, but ultimately, never having the courage to tell the gorgeous, sweet, funny, charming guy that he is, in fact, gorgeous, sweet, funny and charming. Or when I try, it always ends up not sounding anywhere near as sleek and sophisticated as it did in my head, hence the story behind my blog’s title.

I’m the girl who, at 16, wrote a list in my diary of Personality Traits I Want My Future Husband To Possess. I’m also the girl who lets these 20 traits guide her heart still today.
I'm also the girl who thinks imperfections are beautiful and sexy.

I can't say I have all that much experience in the world of love, romance and the intensity of relationships that drives people to do crazy things in the name of love. In all honesty, when it comes to said relationships (especially those involving the opposite sex), my run-ins have all had three things in common: dorky, awkward and quirky.
But I do know that I truly wish, and hope you give me that shot you said you'll give Marco (polo), and please don't run from this. I know something is there. Maybe you'll be The Big L word for me someday.

xoxo

4 comments:

Chad said...

Let's hope it gets better though. Don't just let the same stuff slip by. If he's not showing you what you need from him... then as hard as it might be, maybe he's not that guy for you.

BUT if he's willing to go out of his comfort zone for you... maybe he's worth this second try.

Anonymous said...

Very good blog. Open and pure. Nice writing.

Matt said...

you're manda panda and if he doesn't realize how special and awesome you are and is willing to get out of his bubble of a shell than he doesn't deserve you.

Morgan said...

You are a romantic! And you will make a helluva wife someday.