Monday, May 7, 2012

Nerd Rant - The Avengers

I only watched one movie this week and it was the only movie that I needed to see. To say that this is now one of my favorite movies wouldn't even do my excitement and passion justice. I sat in my seat, squirming, bouncing up and down, and beaming with joy as I endured one of the greatest cinematic experiences of my life. Yesterday, I watched THE AVENGERS.


I love superheroes. While I've always had a huge geek crush on Iron Man, over the past few years my fascination with all of the other superheroes has only exploded. I can't have enough of Captain America, Batman, Green Lantern, just to name a few. I can't stop gushing about it to whoever is within earshot. It was just absolute perfection. Well, obviously it's The Avengers.

I love all of the superheroes involved in this movie. Although I was never a fan of the Hulk, this movie and Mark Ruffalo completely changed my mind. The chemistry between Black Widow and Hawkeye wooed me. RD Jr. as Iron Man knocked my socks off for the third time. And who doesn't love the hotties Cap America and Thor? And Loki, even though he may be bad, is one awesome bad
ass. I literally love every character in this movie. And as someone who needs to care about characters to care about the story, I was set. As the movie neared the end, I craved more story, more character, more everything and anything that I could wrap my gushing heart around.


This movie is hilarious, mind you it was directed by Joss Whedon, no need to say more. While I love the characters they play, the actors themselves are brilliant together. They all just seem to glow, and I laughed til I cried. I genuinely adore these characters and they just happened to have damn funny things to say.

After all, who doesn't love a superhero? Anyone who doesn't have even a slight interest in superheroes is a liar. They are some of the most fascinating "people" that we "know." We all admire something in them and they are all human enough that we can somehow relate to each one of them. Whether we're cocky, dorky, brainy, or strong, we can relate to superheroes, we respect them, and therefore, we will always love them. So thank you Avengers, for keeping the nerdy girl alive and well within me.

1 comment:

Pete said...

youre speaking like me now. this movie was very cool.

Have you seen the new batman? how did you like it?