Thursday, May 31, 2012

Wreck This Journal Challenge

I was browsing the aisles of Target a few weeks ago when I came across a book. Why was I in the book aisle you ask?? I don't have an answer for that because I normally don't read. I do read but mostly comic books. Anyway rambling over... I came across a book called, "Wreck This Journal" by Keri Smith. Quickly flipping through some of the pages, I landed on a page which read, " WARNING: During the process of this book you will get dirty. You may find yourself covered in paint, or any other number of foreign substances. You will get wet. You may be asked to do things you question. You may grieve for the perfect state that you found the book in. You may begin to see creative destruction everywhere. You may begin to live more recklessly."


I'm intrigued. 


I continue to flip through some of the pages and find the instruction page, which read, "INSTRUCTIONS: 1. Carry this with you everywhere you go. 2. Follow the instructions on every page. 3. Order is not important. 4. Instructions are open to interpretation. 5. Experiment. (work against your better judgment.)"


I'm even more intrigued.


I quickly flip through a couple more pages and read some of the "instructions" on some pages. Some are funny. Some are incredibly stupid. Some are just plain stupid... but I bought the book.






I excepted the challenge. For the next few months (or until I can do the entire book) I'll be carrying this book around with me everywhere. We'll have adventures with each other. We'll become best of friends. So to speak. This journal will become my baby and oddly I'm not suppose to care about it. So.... first thing I did was I let one of nieces (Bailey) play around with the book. She had this book for about 5 minutes. Solid. No joke.



My baby is officially... wrecked. (GOOD!) :D
Let the fun begin. Muahaha!

2 comments:

Chad said...

I think I've seen this in the stores. I'm interested into seeing what you'll be doing with some of the pages. Hope you keep us updated on each page as you do it.

Anonymous said...

That's cool how much your niece destored your book. lol!