Friday, September 3, 2010

Facebook, Sometimes I hate you

Facebook has the potential to be incredibly irritating sometimes. For starters, whoever thought that Facebook needed to be that one friend who gossiped to the whole world about your current relationship status? Why must you alert the populace when you get into a relationship, but more annoying, when you break up, Facebook? I'm sure someone is already feeling miserable enough without the "Oh hey 200+ friends, this broad just got dumped! She's now lonely and depressed, probably pigging out on mint chocolate chip ice cream and brownies, refusing to leave her bedroom for the next few weeks. Go comment and ask her what happened to make everything worse!" Because that's exactly what someone needs after a bad break up.

How about Facebook chat? Nobody really thinks about it until they log on and a message pops up. Then you start talking and suddenly in mid-sending of a message the other person is signed off, though in all reality they are still on Facebook. And you have to refresh the page repeatedly or wait for them to appear again, and all the while you're wondering if that message is really all that important and worth the hassle. Or how about the delay? Or when things are sent in multiples when you didn't even hit the enter button that many times? Or, more annoyingly, those Facebook chat creepers. The ones who seem to stalk you online and send you "Hey cutie =]" all the time as if it isn't uncomfortable. Especially when your response at your computer or laptop every time is "I don't know you, why are you talking to me?!"

Why is there only a 'like' button feature? I'm sorry Facebook, but in the real world people dislike things as well. We don't live in fantasy land where everything is perfect and wonderful. Sometimes we disagree with things people say, or are tagged in really ugly photos. Get a dislike feature already!

Those people who send multiple friend requests clearly need a life. Or maybe a new brain. I'm sorry, but if you didn't notice, I ignored your request the first time for a reason! Feel free to take a hint and stop bothering me.

Oh Facebook mobile, you as well irk me quite a bit. Whenever I have brilliant ideas for statuses, you decide to stop working. "What's that? You have a picture you'd like to upload? Oh I'm sorry, I'm going to be not working for the next few weeks. Hope you like disappointment!" I'm on to you Facebook mobile. You do that on purpose.

Unfortunately, in the end I still choose, like many others, to put up with the annoyances of Facebook. I'm not entirely sure why. Despite that, I do enjoy the fun bonding times I have confiding in my laptop and cellphone when Facebook decides to be like an irritating sibling and frustrate me.

3 comments:

ashley said...

haha i agree with 100% of this



hey cutie ;]

Anonymous said...

OMG that is so ture gosh Amanda your amazing i love reading your thoughts it can always make me smile.

Greg said...

Haha! This is so true. Absolutely brilliant.