Saturday, November 6, 2010

Why is growing up such a difficult...task? It doesn't even feel like a journey anymore, just a monotonous loop of neverending horrible situations with the occasional happy moment lodged in between. I used to be fun. I used to have fun. I was crazy, I was never home, I was loud, I was spontaneous. Now I'm all work, chores, figuring out how to grow up and get my life on track. I'm responsible and respectable, and I'm boring myself. Seeing things for what they really are has completely ruined me. Ignorance truly is bliss and without it I'm a total pessimist. Yet I lie to myself on a daily basis because I feel like one day things will get better-- easier maybe. Why is it the only time that things are truly fantastic is when we're kids? Time went on for forever and everyday was pretty wonderful. Now I feel like 24 hours in a day is nothing at all; a minute feels way too short. I just want that carefree bliss back.

No comments: