Monday, July 2, 2012

In The Kitchen: Vodka Steak Penne

I've been thinking I might start a new blog label/tag/category titled "In The Kitchen". It would be fitting for post like this one. I've been wanting to try my hand at cooking lately. Growing up with my mom (this master "chef") I've always liked cooking but never fully got into it. Once Pinterest came along great recipes have been putting up left and right. This new, "In The Kitchen" would where I talk about a lot of kitchen related things, but at the same time, a lot of nothing. I want to start trying new recipes, so I'll cook them up and post them here, along with the fact if I ended up liking it or not.

We'll see how this goes. Wish my no luck (never had it to begin with)

xoxo


To start this new idea off... I tried making....

Vodka Cream Sauce with Steak and Penne!

This is what theirs looked like:

MINE:



That looks delicious right??
OH, IT WAS!


Ingredients:
1 14.5ox box of penne pasta
1 tbsp olive oil
4 oz chopped bacon (i subbed this for a 6oz steak)
1/2 cup vodka
1 small spring fresh rosemary, whole
1/2 cup heavy cream
3 cups prepared tomato/pasta sauce
3/4 cup water
salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese


Wanna see how this dish is made?? You can find it HERE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks good.