Thursday, August 5, 2010

Road Trips

Road trips are one of a few things I love in life; long or short. Whether I'm alone or in the company of others, there is nothing in life I look forward to more than sitting in a car and watching the scenery fly by.
Lately the isolation of myself and my thoughts is all I could ever want in my life. Normally I am in a constant rush. Always stressed, my brain is overworked and incessantly thinking about the past, present and future simultaneously. When I'm in a vehicle with the music beating through the base and where no distractions can reach me, there is no other place I would rather be. There is an intense serenity that always washes over me as I stare out watching the clouds disappear behind me. I spend those few precious hours reflecting on my life and what I've done for the past year and the things I've said. Because I’m starting to live my life without regrets, I enjoy this time I get to reflect. I don't get quiet time often, and when I do, I still have a lot on my mind that I can't just walk away from.

No comments: